Saturday, March 8, 2008

Prelude to A Blog

My journal writing had been waning. I just wasn't feeling enthusiasm for it and had so little time. In the back of my mind, though, I know it remains an important way for me to process my thoughts.

Today, in my Bible reading, a couple of things pricked at me. First, let me mention that I didn't sit down to read until maybe about three o'clock because I woke up about quarter till noon and was on the Internets reading blogs and checking email until about two something. I'm always fidgeting about, wasting time instead of doing something useful on the sabbath. I hate it that this is so; it shows my inconsistency. But it is so. I should start being accountable for making it not so--and in the process, reduce my own guilt.

I've read through the entire section of prophets (a first for me) and am now into the gospels, which I've read. Just like any other part of the Bible, though, there's so much to touch your heart when reading the second, third, or fiftieth time around.

And I'm going back and forth in my head about blogging to share this, but I usually take one or so of my journal entries to blog, so why not? It's part of who I am, and I want to feel free to discuss this just as I might share my feelings on the N-word, pancakes, or annoying siblings (not mine of course! : ) But that's what it is y'all, discussion. So feel free to comment!

No comments: